Setting Up Special Education Programs: Tools and Resources for Charter School Operators
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a full-day conference in Minneapolis on June 19, 2012, titled, Building the Capacity of Charter Schools: Effectively Serving Students With Disabilities. The conference provided charter school educators with information, tools, and resources to help them deepen their understanding of how to provide high-quality special education services for students with disabilities.
This presentation was delivered by Elizabeth Giovannetti, of Educational Support Systems, Inc., during the conference session titled, “Setting Up Special Education Programs: Tools and Resources for Charter School Operators."
Related materials are available in the "downloads" section to the right of this description.
- Special Education Start-Up and Implementation Tools for Charter School Leaders and Special Education Managers
- Primer for Charter School Operators: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
- Primer for State Officials: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
- Federal TRIO Programs: Upward Bound Math and Science Program
- Communication Tool: eNews for Charter Schools