SEA CSP Pre-Application Technical Assistance and Waiver Requests Webinar
The National Charter School Resource Center’s February 2011 webinar served two purposes. During the first section, SEA Communities of Practice: Using Waiver Requests to Increase Flexibility, federal leaders engaged State Education Agency (SEA) Charter Schools Program (CSP) grantees in an interactive conversation about the U.S. Department of Education's rationale for approving or denying waiver requests from SEAs.
The second part of the webinar served as preapplication technical assistance for SEAs that might submit an application in the SEA CSP competition that opened in January 2011. Featured webinar presenters included Scott Pearson, Cathy Grimes-Miller, Leslie Hankerson, and Erin Pfeltz from the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: The first 15 minutes of the webinar are not included in the recording because of technical difficulties.
- Mobilizing and Motivating Your Staff to Get Results: A Technical Assistance Guide for Charter School Leaders
- Federal Court Documents in Arkansas Desegregation Case Involving Little Rock School District Request for Restrictions on Charter Schools
- Partners in Closing the Achievement Gap: How Charter Schools Can Support High-Quality Universal Pre-K
- Charter Schools: Education Could Do More to Assist Charter Schools With Applying for Discretionary Grants
- Maryland State Board of Education, Andrews Public Charter School, Open Enrollment Waiver Opinion