School Quality: Pointed Advice and Guidance for Charter School Boards
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a webinar on August 28, 2013, which focused on how governing boards can address school performance issues.The webinar featured Carrie Irvin, president and cofounder of Charter Board Partners in Washington, D.C.
The webinar included discussion of the board's role and relationship with the school leader, data collection and analysis, and approaches to improvement such as evaluation and replacement of a school leader, school turnaround and restart.
Irvin also highlighted examples of actions that boards have taken to address school performance.
- School Quality: Pointed Advice and Guidance for Charter School Boards
- 2014 Meeting of Project Directors, CSP Grantees for Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools
- Performance Management: Evaluating Charter School Academic Performance
- Pointed Board Governance Advice Part 1
- Pointed Board Governance Advice Part 2