Legal Rights of Children with Disabilities and Charter Schools
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a webinar on May 9, 2013, which explored legal rights of children with disabilities and charter schools.
This webinar featured distinguished presenters: Diane Smith Howard, Staff Attorney for Juvenile Justice and Education Issues, National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) and Ron Hager, Senior Staff Attorney, NDRN. The presenters discussed the federal legal authorities that apply to children with disabilities and shared case hypotheticals involving legal issues that arise in this area and ways to avoid and resolve them.
This webinar was produced in whole or in part with funds from the U.S. Department of Education http://www.education.gov under contract number ED-04-CO-0109/0004. The content does not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the federal government.
The answers in the Q&A portion of this webinar may not be applicable to your state’s context so should not be adhered to as legal advice.
- Legal Rights of Children with Disabilities and Charter Schools
- Students With Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- National Center to Improve Recruitment and Retention of Qualified Personnel for Children With Disabilities
- Legal Right of Children Part 1
- Legal Right of Children Part 2