Language Development Standards and Assessments for English Language Learners
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a webinar April 10, 2012, which helped charter school educators gain a sense of the organization and uses of language development standards and assessments for English language learners (ELLs).
Our featured presenter was Margo Gottlieb, Ph.D., a nationally recognized expert in the field of language education. Dr. Gottlieb led the design and development of the World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) English Language Proficiency Standards and contributed to WIDA’s comprehensive assessment system. She provided an overview of WIDA’s English Language Proficiency Standards, 2012 edition, and outlined WIDA’s plans for its next generation of English language proficiency assessments.
Read more about WIDA's English Language Proficiency Standards and supports for students at different levels of language proficiency (available in the Download section of this page, 2007 ELP standards section, in the document Understanding the WIDA ELP Standards: A Resource Guide).
- Framework for English Language Proficiency Development Standards Corresponding to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Assessment and Accountability Comprehensive Center - Special Populations Strand
- Helping English Language Learners Meet the New Common Core State Standards: What Do Charter School Educators Need to Know?
- The SIOP Model: A Professional Development Framework for a Comprehensive Schoolwide Intervention
- Practical Guidelines for the Education of English Language Learners: Research-Based Recommendations for the Use of Accommodations in Large-Scale Assessments