Increasing Collaboration at State Education Agencies: Providing Support for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a webinar August 24, 2011, which highlighted two successful models in which state directors of special education work collaboratively with charter school program leaders to improve the quality of special education services in charter schools.
Featured presenters included: Beth Giovannetti, a nationally recognized special education consultant; Becky Martin, Student Achievement and School Improvement Charter School Coordinator at the Idaho State Department of Education; and Teri Pettit, the Director of Educational Services for CS Partners and a Public School Academy Consultant for the Office of Special Education and Early Intervention Services at the Michigan Department of Education.
- Primer for State Officials: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
- Federal Guidance on Schools' Obligation to Provide Students with Disabilities Opportunity to Participate in Athletics
- Primer for Charter School Operators: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
- The Inclusion of Students With Disabilities in School Accountability Systems: An Update
- Charter School Authorizers: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools