Expanding Opportunities for All Students Through District-Charter Collaboration
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a full-day conference in Minneapolis on June 19, 2012, titled, Building the Capacity of Charter Schools: Effectively Serving Students With Disabilities. The conference provided charter school educators with information, tools, and resources to help them deepen their understanding of how to provide high-quality special education services for students with disabilities.
This presentation was delivered by Parker Baxter, of the Louisiana Department of Education and the Center on Reinventing Public Education, during the conference session titled, “Expanding Opportunities for All Students Through District-Charter Collaboration.”
Related materials are available in the "downloads" section to the right of this description.
- Meeting the Challenge to Serve All Students: Charter Schools and Special Education
- District-Charter Collaboration Compacts
- Gates Foundation Announces Nine District-Charter Collaboration Cities; Copies of All Compacts Made Available
- Primer for Charter School Operators: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
- Primer for State Officials: Special Education Requirements and Including Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools