Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness in Charter Schools: Exploring Initiatives to Develop and Reward Excellent Teachers
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a webinar April 18, 2012, which explored the exemplary teacher evaluation system that has been developed at Achievement First charter schools. Our featured presenter was Sarah Coon, Senior Director of Talent Development at Achievement First and the lead for its Teacher Career Pathway initiative. She discussed the process through which Achievement First developed its comprehensive teacher evaluation system, the challenges faced with design and implementation, and the lessons learned.
- Achievement First: Developing A Teacher Performance Management System that Recognizes Excellence
- Charter School Groups Win 11 Teacher Incentive Fund Grants Totaling $93.7 Million
- Charter Network's Teacher Evaluation System Highlighted in Aspen Institute Report
- Recruiting Effective Math Teachers, How Do Math Immersion Teachers Compare?: Evidence from New York City
- Getting Beneath the Veil of Effective Schools: Evidence From New York City