Data-Driven Approaches to Eliminate the Achievement Gap for English Language Learners: Learning From the Success of Community Day Charter Public School
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a webinar March 16, 2012, which explored how Community Day Charter Public School in Lawrence, Massachusetts is using data-driven approaches to eliminate the achievement gap for English language learners.
Our featured presenters were Erin Walsh, Head of the Community Day Lower School, and Pat Teichman, Head of the Community Day Early Learning Center. They described the mission of Community Day Charter Public School, the development of their language rich school environment, the range of instructional supports in place for ELLs to help them achieve their personalized goals, and their unique approach to using student data to enhance teaching and learning for all students.
- Match Community Day Charter Public School Application, Boston, Massachusetts
- Succeeding With English Language Learners: Lessons Learned from the Great City Schools
- Charter School’s Methods to Close Achievement Gap for English Language Learners Focus of Webinar
- Serving English Language Learners: A Toolkit for Public Charter Schools
- Approaches to Promoting College Readiness for English Learners