An (Updated) Primer on Virtual Charter Schools: Mapping the Electronic Frontier
Recognizing the need to develop practices for authorizing virtual charter schools, the National Association of Charter School Authorizers has updated this first in a series of issue briefs on the topic. Few authorizers have expertise in this area and few have yet developed special application processes for virtual schools. This brief lays out the basics of virtual charter schools and identifies key issues to consider from the perspective of an authorizer.
- Demystifying Special Education in Virtual Charter Schools
- Laboratories of Reform: Virtual High Schools and Innovation in Public Education
- The Costs of Online Learning
- Quality Authorizing for Online and Blended-Learning Charter Schools
- NACSA Charter School Replication Guide: The Spectrum of Replication Options