Teaching English Language Learners: What the Research Does--and Does Not--Say
In this accessible article, Claude Goldenberg summarizes key findings from two rigorous reviews of the research about effective instruction for English language learners (ELLs) and discusses the implications for educators who serve ELLs.
- Developing Literacy in Second-Language Learners: Report of the National Literacy Panel on Language-Minority Children and Youth
- Effective Social Studies Instruction to Promote the Knowledge Acquisition and Vocabulary Learning of English Language Learners in the Middle Grades
- Improving Science and Vocabulary Learning of English Language Learners
- Response to Intervention and English Learners
- Using the SIOP Model to Improve Middle School Science Instruction