Teacher Preparation and Student Achievement
This 2008 article combines data on individual New York City teachers and students with detailed information about the components of the teacher's preparation program to explore how the preparation of teachers influences student achievement.
- Achievement First: Developing A Teacher Performance Management System that Recognizes Excellence
- Does Teacher Preparation Matter? Evidence about Teacher Certification, Teach for America, and Teacher Effectiveness
- Insights into Alternative Certification: Initial Findings From a National Study
- Recruiting Effective Math Teachers, How Do Math Immersion Teachers Compare?: Evidence from New York City
- Teacher Absence as a Leading Indicator of Student Achievement