Supporting New Charter School Development Playbook
This toolkit from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, written by Naomi R. DeVeaux of Friends of Choice in Urban Schools (FOCUS) and Cynthia S. Millinger of Charter School Startup, outlines four areas of support that Charter Support Organizations (CSOs) can provide to the community of founding boards and educational entrepreneurs seeking to launch a charter school. The four areas of support include planning, startup, implementation, and replication.
- New Jersey Charter Schools Association: Start a Charter School
- How to Start a Charter School in Florida
- Using Performance-Based Value-Added Models to Identify and Support High-Quality Teachers in Charter School Contexts
- Charter Support Organization Start-Up Manual: A Step-By-Step Guide for Creating an Effective Charter Support Organization in Your State
- New Hampshire Department of Education: New Start-Up Charter Application Information