Supporting New Charter School Development Playbook
This toolkit from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, written by Naomi R. DeVeaux of Friends of Choice in Urban Schools (FOCUS) and Cynthia S. Millinger of Charter School Startup, outlines four areas of support that Charter Support Organizations (CSOs) can provide to the community of founding boards and educational entrepreneurs seeking to launch a charter school. The four areas of support include planning, startup, implementation, and replication.
- Paving a New Path: A Guidebook for Illinois Charter Public School Development
- Idaho State Department of Education: Charter School Development Manual
- New York City Department of Education: Developing New Charter Schools
- Colorado League of Charter Schools: New School Development and Replication
- Alaska Department of Education and Early Development: Charter Schools