Supporting English Language Learners: A Pocket Guide for State and District Leaders
American Institutes for Research (AIR) has developed a series of Pocket Guides that provide research-based information to support state and district leaders in implementing ESEA flexibility plans. This particular Pocket Guide focuses on the implementation of reforms related to ELLs across the first three principles in the flexibility waiver requirements. These three principles are particularly relevant to educators working with ELLs. (Principle 4, which requires states to evaluate and revise their administrative requirements to reduce duplication and burden, does not relate to student supports and is beyond the scope of this guide.)
- Practical Guidelines for the Education of English Language Learners: Research-Based Recommendations for the Use of Accommodations in Large-Scale Assessments
- Educating English Language Learners: Building Teacher Capacity. Roundtable Report
- Framework for English Language Proficiency Development Standards Corresponding to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Processes and Challenges in Identifying Learning Disabilities Among Students Who Are English Language Learners in Three New York State Districts.
- Instructional Models and Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners