Student Achievement in Charter Schools
This brief from the National Charter School Resource Center, published in September 2010, provides guidance for practitioners and policymakers in navigating the body of recent research on student achievement in charter schools. The brief includes an accessible overview of rigorous charter school research published during the past five years and sources for additional information and summarizes research concepts that are imperative to an informed interpretation of the research findings.
- The Color of Success: Black Student Achievement in Public Charter Schools
- The New York City Charter School Evaluation Project: How New York City’s Charter Schools Affect Student Achievement
- The Effect of Charter Schools on Student Achievement: A Meta-Analysis of the Literature
- Value-Added and Experimental Studies of the Effect of Charter Schools on Student Achievement: A Literature Review
- Student Achievement in Florida's Charter Schools: A Comparison of the Performance of Charter School Students with Traditional Public School Students