The State of Public Education in New Orleans, 2012 Report
This July 2012 report from the Cowen Institute for Public Education Initiatives provides an overview of the public school system in New Orleans, where 78 percent of the students go to charter schools.The report covers the condition of district and charter schools, and includes descriptions and analyses of the system and its performance, information from a survey of public school parents, funding and facilities data, and successes and challenges of the schools.
- Transforming Public Education in New Orleans: The Recovery School District, 2003-2011
- New Orleans-Style Education Reform: A Guide for Cities, Lessons Learned 2004–2010
- Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies
- Is Administration Leaner in Charter Schools? Resource Allocation in Charter and Traditional Public Schools (Michigan)
- Injecting Successful Charter School Strategies Into Traditional Public Schools: Early Results From an Experiment in Houston