A State Policymaker's Guide to Alternative Authorizers of Charter Schools
This 2005 report, written by Bryan Hassel, Todd Ziebarth, and Lucy Steiner on behalf of the Education Commission of the States, describes several types of alternative authorizers. Pros, cons, and potential policy implications for each type of authorizer are discussed.
- U.S. District Court Judge's Order Denying Complaint that State's Authorization of Little Rock-Area Charter Schools Violates 1989 Desegregation Agreement
- Anecdotes Aren't Enough: An Evidence-Based Approach to Accountability for Alternative Charter Schools
- State's Authorization of Little Rock-Area Charter Schools Doesn't Violate 1989 Desegregation Agreement, Federal Judge Says
- Education Commission for the States (ECS) State Policies for Charter Schools Database
- 2011 State of Charter School Authorizing: Fourth Annual Report on NACSA's Authorizer Survey