A State Policymaker's Guide to Alternative Authorizers of Charter Schools
This 2005 report, written by Bryan Hassel, Todd Ziebarth, and Lucy Steiner on behalf of the Education Commission of the States, describes several types of alternative authorizers. Pros, cons, and potential policy implications for each type of authorizer are discussed.
- Education Commission for the States (ECS) State Policies for Charter Schools Database
- Alternative Charter School Authorizers: Playing a Vital Role in the Charter Movement
- Anecdotes Aren't Enough: An Evidence-Based Approach to Accountability for Alternative Charter Schools
- Summaries of State Charter School Facility Laws
- U.S. District Court Judge's Order Denying Complaint that State's Authorization of Little Rock-Area Charter Schools Violates 1989 Desegregation Agreement