The State of the NYC Charter School Sector
This 2012 report from the New York City Charter School Center provides a wide range of data and analyses about the performance of charter schools in the city and comparisons with the city’s district schools. The report, "part of a multi-year effort to promote data transparency" within the city's charter school sector, includes information about students’ academic performance and attendance, student demographics, and attrition among teachers and principals among the city’s 136 charter schools that serve about 47,000 students. The report notes trends impacting charter schools, and includes analysis of the enrollment of special education students and information about the colocation of charter schools in district buildings.
- The State of the NYC Charter School Center.
- Searching for Excellence: A Five-City, Cross-State Comparison of Charter School Quality
- The New York City Charter School Evaluation Project: How New York City’s Charter Schools Affect Student Achievement
- Getting Beneath the Veil of Effective Schools: Evidence From New York City
- Going Exponential: Growing the Charter School Sector’s Best