Spotlight on Choice: Parent Opinions on School Selection in New Orleans
This January 2013 report from the Cowen Institute for Public Education Initiatives focuses on parents’ opinions about the school selection process in New Orleans.
The report, which notes that 80 percent of public school students in the city go to charter schools and that 60 percent of students attend schools outside their immediate neighborhood, is based on focus groups with parents. It covers opinions about the level of information used for making school choices, the decision process and school quality.
- Transforming Public Education in New Orleans: The Recovery School District, 2003-2011
- Better Choices: Charter Incubation As a Strategy for Improving the Charter School Sector
- Trends in the Use of School Choice: 1993 to 2007
- Multiple Choice: Charter School Performance in 16 States
- School Choice: From Theory to Action; Hill, Peterson to speak at Fordham Institute