Spotlight on Choice: Parent Opinions on School Selection in New Orleans
This January 2013 report from the Cowen Institute for Public Education Initiatives focuses on parents’ opinions about the school selection process in New Orleans.
The report, which notes that 80 percent of public school students in the city go to charter schools and that 60 percent of students attend schools outside their immediate neighborhood, is based on focus groups with parents. It covers opinions about the level of information used for making school choices, the decision process and school quality.
- National Charter School Study 2013
- The State of Public Education in New Orleans, 2013 Report
- U.S. District Court Judge's Order Denying Complaint that State's Authorization of Little Rock-Area Charter Schools Violates 1989 Desegregation Agreement
- Charter Schools And The Road to Readiness: The Effects on College Preparation, Attendance And Choice
- Searching for Excellence: A Five-City, Cross-State Comparison of Charter School Quality