Special Education in High School Redesign
This annotated bibliography provides links to current research on effective practices in secondary transition for students with disabilities. The document crosswalks all the included resources to the features of the National High School Center's eight core elements for mapping school, district, and state high school improvement efforts. It includes several resources that address the challenges of secondary transition in charter schools.
- Transition of Students With Disabilities to Postsecondary Education: A Guide for High School Educators
- Students With Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Encouraging Meaningful Parent/Educator Collaboration: A Review of Recent Literature
- Reducing Effectiveness of Bullying Behavior in Schools
- Tiered Interventions in High Schools: Using Preliminary "Lessons Learned" to Guide Ongoing Discussion