Similar English Learner Students, Different Results: Why Do Some Schools Do Better?
The authors examine Academic Performance Index and survey data in more than 200 California elementary schools. They explore why the academic performance of English learners varies widely in schools that serve similar numbers of low-income and English learner students.
- Effects of the Implementation of Proposition 227 on the Education of English Learners, K-12
- Double the Work: Challenges and Solutions to Acquiring Language and Academic Literacy for Adolescent English Language Learners
- Preparing to Serve English Language Learner Students: School Districts With Emerging English Language Learner Communities
- Students With Interrupted Formal Education: A Challenge for the New York City Public Schools
- Helping Newcomer Students Succeed in Secondary Schools and Beyond