Resources for Charter School Educators: Students With Interrupted Formal Education
The National Charter School Resource Center created this list of resources for charter school educators who would like to learn more about students with interrupted formal education (SIFEs). SIFEs are a subgroup of English language learners who have recently immigrated to the United States and, for a variety of reasons, have gaps in their formal education. Explore these resources to learn more about the unique needs of SIFEs and best practices to meet their needs.
- Students With Interrupted Formal Education: A Challenge for the New York City Public Schools
- National Charter School Resource Center Launches Webinar Series to Aid ELL Education
- Are ELL Students Underrepresented in Charter Schools? Demographic Trends in New York City, 2006-2008
- Registering Students From Language Backgrounds Other Than English
- Helping English Language Learners Meet the New Common Core State Standards: What Do Charter School Educators Need to Know?