Recent State Action on Teacher Effectiveness: What's in State Laws and Regulations?
This August 2012 report from Bellwether Education Partners reviews changes in laws that address teacher effectiveness in selected states across the country. The report includes how charter schools are impacted by changes, such as mandates for annual evaluations that are based in part on student learning and the linking of results to personnel decisions such as dismissal. The laws are rated on 13 criteria, such as whether all teachers are evaluated annually and whether parents and the public receive clear information about effectiveness.
- Recruiting Effective Math Teachers, How Do Math Immersion Teachers Compare?: Evidence from New York City
- Tennessee Attorney General Questions State's Law on Charter Schools' Use of Foreign Staff
- Does Teacher Preparation Matter? Evidence about Teacher Certification, Teach for America, and Teacher Effectiveness
- Teacher Stability and Turnover in Los Angeles: The Influence of Teacher and School Characteristics
- Troops To Teachers, Data on Charter School Hires by State and Year