The Promise of Citywide Charter Strategies
The National Charter School Resource Center and the U.S. Department of Education hosted a full-day conference in New Orleans on May 12, 2011, titled Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies. The presenters explored emerging city-based movements that are embracing high-quality charter schools as an integral component of citywide reform initiatives that are designed to improve the quality of public education for all students.
The highlights from this report were reviewed by Eric Paisner, of the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, and John Kania, from FSG, during the conference session titled, “Reviewing the Current Landscape and Potential of City-Based Strategies.”
- New York City Charter School Center: The First 5 Years
- Expanding the Supply of High-Quality Charter Schools: Innovations in Incubation
- Charter School Initiative: Concept Paper
- Exploring the Potential of Citywide Charter Strategies
- Better Choices: Charter Incubation As a Strategy for Improving the Charter School Sector