Portfolio School Districts Project
The National Charter School Resource Center and the U.S. Department of Education hosted a full-day conference in New Orleans on May 12, 2011, titled Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies. The presenters explored emerging city-based movements that are embracing high-quality charter schools as an integral component of citywide reform initiatives that are designed to improve the quality of public education for all students.
This document was available in the conference binder as background information to support the conference session titled, “District-Charter Collaboration: Reflections on Next Steps for Urban School Reform.”
- Tennessee Charter School Incubator
- Incubating High-Quality Charter Schools: Innovations in City-Based Organizations
- Developing City-Based Funding Strategies: Investments to Create a Robust Charter Sector
- New Schools for New Orleans: Critical Impact
- New Schools for New Orleans: Critical Impact 2006-Present