Philadelphia Great Schools Compact (Charter-District Collaboration)
This website section of the School District of Philadelphia includes a copy of Philadelphia's Great Schools Compact, which outlines plans for collaboration involving city charter and district schools, the Mayor’s Office on Education, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The compact includes a commitment to “replace the poorest performing quartile in the system (approximately 50,000 seats) with high-quality alternatives by 2016-17. Also included are plans for collaboration to better serve students with special needs, make the most of vacant and underused facilities, purchase goods and services more efficiently, and coordinate advocacy. The compact calls for establishing a new Office of Charter Schools (OCS) under the School Reform Commission (SRC), with the OCS executive director to report directly to the SRC, which will oversee the policies and budgets of both the district and the OCS.
- Spring Branch, Texas, Charter-District School Collaboration Compact
- Chicago Charter-District School Collaboration Compact
- Gates Foundation Announces $40 Million for Charter-District School Collaboration; 14 Cities Now Have Compacts
- New Orleans Charter-District Compact
- Collaboration Compact Between the Boston Public Schools and Boston Alliance of Charter Schools