Nurturing School Minds
Mary Ann Zehr wrote this 2009 profile about a charter management organization, the United Neighborhood Organization (UNO). UNO maintains strict discipline for student conduct and behavior and uses a structured English immersion approach for their mostly Latino students.
- Out of Jail and Into Jobs: Maya Angelou Public Charter School Offers Hope and an Education to Kids in Trouble
- Quantity Counts: The Growth of Charter School Management Organizations
- Keeping the Promise: High-Performing Urban Charter Schools in Massachusetts
- Charter Schools in Eight States: Effects on Achievement, Attainment, Integration, and Competition
- Brand Name Charters: the Franchise Model Applied to Schools