Next Generation Charter Schools: Meeting the Needs of Latinos and English Language Learners
This September 2010 report makes recommendations for charter school leaders and policymakers to improve the quality of education for Latino students and English language learners (ELLs).
Published by the Center for American Progress (CAP) and National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the report describes state and federal policies affecting Latinos and ELLs in charter schools, profiles four high-performing charter schools that serve large numbers of Latinos and ELLs, highlights practices and policies that support ELLs, and outlines policy recommendations to improve the quality of programs and services for ELLs in charter schools.
Download the full report or an executive summary from the CAP site or see the NCLR statement about the report.
- Next Generation Charter Schools: Meeting the Needs of Latinos and English Language Learners
- Framework for English Language Proficiency Development Standards Corresponding to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Helping English Language Learners Meet the New Common Core State Standards: What Do Charter School Educators Need to Know?
- Science and Language for English Language Learners in Relation to Next Generation Science Standards and with Implications for Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics
- Helping English Language Learners Meet the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts