NewSchools' City Fund Strategy
The National Charter School Resource Center and the U.S. Department of Education hosted a full-day conference in New Orleans on May 12, 2011, titled Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies. The presenters explored emerging city-based movements that are embracing high-quality charter schools as an integral component of citywide reform initiatives that are designed to improve the quality of public education for all students.
This presentation was delivered by Jim Peyser, of the NewSchools Venture Fund, during the conference session titled, “Investing in City-Based Strategies: Opportunities, Challenges, and Potential Impact.”
- New York City Charter School Center: The First 5 Years
- Developing City-Based Funding Strategies: Investments to Create a Robust Charter Sector
- National Charter School Study 2013
- Incubating High-Quality Charter Schools: Innovations in City-Based Organizations
- Conference Agenda - Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies