National Charter School Enrollment, Staffing, and Media Center Data Available From Four NCES Reports, 2009
These four reports from the National Center for Education Statistics of the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences provide a variety of data about enrollment and staffing of charter schools, and media centers in charter schools. The June 2009 reports represent selected findings from the 2007-08 Schools and Staffing Survey (SASS).
Characteristics of Public, Private, and Bureau of Indian Education Elementary and Secondary Schools in the United States includes a wide range of data about charter school enrollments, including percentages receiving Title 1 services and approved for free or reduced-price lunch, the extent of the presence of students with individual education plans and limited English proficiency, the percentage of students graduating from high school and attending college, and numbers of general and specialized staff.
Characteristics of Public, Private, and Bureau of Indian Education Elementary and Secondary School Principals in the United States includes data about charter school principals, including the number of principals and breakdowns of the percentage of principals by race, age, gender, education level, pay, experience, and average work hours.
Characteristics of Public, Private, and Bureau of Indian Education Elementary and Secondary School Teachers in the United States includes a wide range of data about the teaching staffs of charter schools, including levels of experience, pay, race, experience, and levels of education.
Characteristics of Public and Bureau of Indian Education Elementary and Secondary School Library Media Centers in the United States includes data about use of technology services and equipment, space allocations, expenditures, and staffing in charter school media centers.
- National Charter School Principal and Teacher Attrition and Mobility Data From Two NCES Reports, 2010
- Five NCES Schools and Staffing Survey (SASS) Reports, With Charter and Traditional Public School Data Comparisons
- NCES Releases Charter, Traditional Public School Staffing and Graduation Data
- Cato Institute Study Shows Charter Schools Pulling Enrollment From Private Schools
- Characteristics of Public School Districts in the United States: Results From the 2007–08 Schools and Staffing Survey