Military Dependent Students: Better Oversight Needed to Improve Services for Children With Special Needs
This September 2012 report from the Government Accountability Office examines how the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) provides special education through DOD schools and other entities, challenges in access to services, and how families' need for services affects where they are assigned.
- Update to the Report on Assistance to Local Educational Agencies for Defense Dependents' Education
- Unique Schools Serving Unique Students: Charters and Special Needs
- Students With Disabilities: More Information and Guidance Could Improve Opportunities in Physical Education and Athletics
- Moving Mountains: Chartering to Improve Student Achievement
- Charter Schools: Guidance Needed for Military Base Schools on Startup and Operational Issues