Michigan Public Act 277 of 2011 Gradually Removes University-Authorized Charter School Cap, Regulates Operations
This is Michigan Public Act 277 of 2011, which raises the cap on the number of school academies (charter schools) authorized by state public universities to 300 through 2012 and 500 through 2014, after which there is no cap on charter schools authorized by state public universities. The law also provides detailed requirements and responsibilities for authorizers, rules for financial and management disclosure by schools, terms for revocation of charters, and targets for student achievement.
- Mississippi Charter Schools Act of 2013
- Michigan Public School Academy (Charter School) Authorizer Rankings
- Using School Improvement Grant Funds to Increase Access to High-Quality Public Schools
- School Climate and Discipline, U.S. Department of Education Guidance
- 2012 Index of Essential Practices, National Association of Charter School Authorizers