Innovations in the Charter School Community: Reinventing the Delivery of Special Education
The National Charter School Resource Center hosted a full-day conference in Minneapolis on June 19, 2012, titled, Building the Capacity of Charter Schools: Effectively Serving Students With Disabilities. The conference provided charter school educators with information, tools, and resources to help them deepen their understanding of how to provide high-quality special education services for students with disabilities.
This panel discussion, “Innovations in the Charter School Community: Reinventing the Delivery of Special Education,” was moderated by Parker Baxter of the Louisiana Department of Education. The panelists included Nancy Opalack of Educational Support Systems, Elizabeth Marcell of ReNEW Schools Charter Management Organization, and Dixon Deutsch of the New York City Special Education Collaborative.
- Smart RTI: A Next-Generation Approach to Multilevel Prevention
- Encouraging Meaningful Parent/Educator Collaboration: A Review of Recent Literature
- What is Response To Intervention (RTI)? The Essential Components
- The Essential Components of RTI: Screening
- The Essential Components of RTI: Progress Monitoring