Improving Access and Creating Exceptional Opportunities for Students with Disabilities in Public Charter Schools
This report from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools explores the relevant legal framework that shapes special education in the charter sector; outlines both the challenges and opportunities presented by state public charter school laws that create autonomous schools that operate separate from or alongside traditional public school districts; and identifies key accountability structures.
- Creating Equal Opportunities for Children with Disabilities to Participate in PE and Extracurricular Athletics
- Students With Disabilities: More Information and Guidance Could Improve Opportunities in Physical Education and Athletics
- Improving Access to the General Curriculum for Students with Disabilities Through Collaborative Teaching - For Teachers
- Additional Federal Attention Needed to Help Protect Access for Students With Disabilities
- The Facts on Charter Schools and Students with Disabilities