Large numbers of immigrant children are experiencing serious problems—inadequate education, poor physical and mental health, and poverty—that compromise their assimilation into American society. The purpose of this volume is to examine the well-being of these children and what might be done to improve their educational attainment, health, social and cognitive development, and long-term prospects for economic mobility.
- Language Instruction Educational Programs (LIEPs): A Revew of the Foundational Literature
- Instructional Models and Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners
- Practical Guidelines for the Education of English Language Learners: Research-Based Recommendations for the Use of Accommodations in Large-Scale Assessments
- Educating English Language Learners: Building Teacher Capacity. Roundtable Report
- Understanding Patterns and Precursors of ELL Success Subsequent to Reclassification