Illinois State Board of Education Superintendent's Order Approving Charter School Proposed for Navy Base Site
This March 15, 2012 order by Illinois State Board of Education Superintendent Christopher Koch approves a charter school proposed by LEARN Charter School Network of Chicago for a site on Naval Station Great Lakes, overturning North Chicago Community Unit School District 187's rejection of the proposal. The order explains the state's action, and provides background about the circumstances in the school district and the anticipated impact of a charter school.
- Charter School Proposed for Navy Base Approved By Illinois State Board of Education Superintendent
- Panel Recommends Chicago Charter Network to Develop School Proposed for Navy Base Site
- Map Showing Proposed Site for Proposed Fort Bragg (N.C.) Regional High School Charter School
- Charter Schools: Guidance Needed for Military Base Schools on Startup and Operational Issues
- Article About North Chicago School District 187 Request for Charter School Proposals, Potential Use of Naval Station Great Lakes Facility