Going Exponential: Growing the Charter School Sector’s Best
This February 2011 report from the Progressive Policy Institute and Public Impact suggests that the best charter school organizations could greatly expand their reach by adopting high growth as a top priority and using the methods of businesses that have grown dramatically. The report, which draws on the experience of companies such as Starbucks, recommends that the charter sector commit not just to excellence but to reaching large numbers of children, financial rewards for staff tied to successful growth, “micro-reach” efforts that put charter teachers or programs in other school venues, charter contracts with performance-based funding, and strategic acquisitions and alliances.
- Charter School Replication: Growing a Quality Charter School Sector
- Ohio Judge's Ruling That Charter Management Company Must Provide Financial Data to School Governing Authorities
- Charter School Management Organizations: Diverse Strategies and Diverse Student Impacts
- Learning From Charter School Management Organizations: Strategies for Student Behavior and Teacher Coaching
- Better Choices: Charter Incubation As a Strategy for Improving the Charter School Sector