An Evaluation of Teachers Trained Through Different Routes to Certification
This 2009 report examines the effects on student achievement of teachers who chose to be trained through different routes to certification. The report also examines how observed teacher practices vary by chosen route to certification and what aspects of teacher certification programs are associated with teacher effectiveness.
- Recruiting Effective Math Teachers, How Do Math Immersion Teachers Compare?: Evidence from New York City
- Does Teacher Preparation Matter? Evidence about Teacher Certification, Teach for America, and Teacher Effectiveness
- Making a Difference? The Effects of Teach for America in High School
- Characteristics of Effective Alternative Teacher Certification Programs
- Alternative Certification of Teachers