Effects of the Implementation of Proposition 227 on the Education of English Learners, K-12
This report examines the impact of Proposition 227, which was passed in California in June 1998, on the education of English language learners (ELLs). The authors analyze the impact of the policy on the achievement of ELLs and identify factors, other than the policy, that are related to academic success for ELLs. Based on the results of their analyses, the authors make recommendations to the state.
- Similar English Learner Students, Different Results: Why Do Some Schools Do Better?
- Effective Social Studies Instruction to Promote the Knowledge Acquisition and Vocabulary Learning of English Language Learners in the Middle Grades
- National Evaluation of Title III Implementation: Report on State and Local Implementation
- Double the Work: Challenges and Solutions to Acquiring Language and Academic Literacy for Adolescent English Language Learners
- National Evaluation of Title III Implementation Supplemental Report: Exploring Approaches to Setting English Language Proficiency Performance Criteria and Monitoring English Learner Progress