Effects of the Implementation of Proposition 227 on the Education of English Learners, K-12
This report examines the impact of Proposition 227, which was passed in California in June 1998, on the education of English language learners (ELLs). The authors analyze the impact of the policy on the achievement of ELLs and identify factors, other than the policy, that are related to academic success for ELLs. Based on the results of their analyses, the authors make recommendations to the state.
- Effective Social Studies Instruction to Promote the Knowledge Acquisition and Vocabulary Learning of English Language Learners in the Middle Grades
- Similar English Learner Students, Different Results: Why Do Some Schools Do Better?
- Double the Work: Challenges and Solutions to Acquiring Language and Academic Literacy for Adolescent English Language Learners
- Implementing a Dual Language Program: Learning from the Success of Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School
- Developing Literacy in Second-Language Learners: Report of the National Literacy Panel on Language-Minority Children and Youth