Educating English Language Learners: Implementing Instructional Practices
The National Council of La Raza published this 2005 guide to support charter school educators. The authors describe the process for identifying English language learners (ELLs), review theories related to second language acquisition and language development, discuss considerations for selecting program models and training staff, and outline a number of instructional strategies that can be used to help ELLs succeed.
- Practical Guidelines for the Education of English Language Learners: Research-Based Recommendations for the Use of Accommodations in Large-Scale Assessments
- National Evaluation of Title III Implementation: Report on State and Local Implementation
- Connecting Research About English Language Learners to Practice: An Introductory Guide for Educators
- Succeeding With English Language Learners: Lessons Learned from the Great City Schools
- Building Capacity to Promote College and Career Readiness for Secondary-Level English Language Learners: Policy Brief Featuring Austin, Texas