District-Charter Collaboration Compacts
The National Charter School Resource Center and the U.S. Department of Education hosted a full-day conference in New Orleans on May 12, 2011, titled Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies. The presenters explored emerging city-based movements that are embracing high-quality charter schools as an integral component of citywide reform initiatives that are designed to improve the quality of public education for all students.
This presentation was delivered by Robin Lake, of the Center on Reinventing Public Education, during the conference session titled, “District-Charter Collaboration: Reflections on Next Steps for Urban School Reform.”
- Sacramento's High-Performing Schools Compact, District-Charter Collaboration
- District-Charter Collaboration Compacts
- Gates Foundation Announces Nine District-Charter Collaboration Cities; Copies of All Compacts Made Available
- Minneapolis District-Charter Compact
- Hartford District-Charter Collaboration Compact