Creating Opportunity Schools: A Bold Plan to Transform Indianapolis Public Schools
This December 2011 report from The Mind Trust of Indianapolis, Indiana, offers an assessment of the status of public education in the city and a reform proposal that focuses on decentralization and development of new schools, including charter schools, education partnerships, and accountability based with the mayor. The report, prepared by Public Impact, provides extensive data about student achievement and public school spending, as well as the plan and a timeline for transition.
- Transforming Public Education in New Orleans: The Recovery School District, 2003-2011
- Better Choices: Charter Incubation As a Strategy for Improving the Charter School Sector
- Transforming Urban Public Education: Exploring the Potential of City-Based Strategies
- Federal Charter Schools Program Chief Picked As Executive Director of DC Public Charter School Board
- An Act to Create a Public Charter School Program in Maine