Creating Equal Opportunities for Children with Disabilities to Participate in PE and Extracurricular Athletics
This 2011 report from the U.S. Department of Education covers federal laws and guidelines for physical activity, and suggestions for increasing opportunities for access for children and youth to PE and athletics including equipment and personnel preparation.
- Federal Guidance on Schools' Obligation to Provide Students with Disabilities Opportunity to Participate in Athletics
- Federal Department of Education Clarifies Schools' Obligation to Provide Students with Disabilities Opportunities to Participate in Athletics
- Improving Access and Creating Exceptional Opportunities for Students with Disabilities in Public Charter Schools
- Students With Disabilities: More Information and Guidance Could Improve Opportunities in Physical Education and Athletics
- The Inclusion of Students With Disabilities in School Accountability Systems: An Update