Creating Equal Opportunities for Children with Disabilities to Participate in PE and Extracurricular Athletics
This 2011 report from the U.S. Department of Education covers federal laws and guidelines for physical activity, and suggestions for increasing opportunities for access for children and youth to PE and athletics including equipment and personnel preparation.
- Federal Department of Education Clarifies Schools' Obligation to Provide Students with Disabilities Opportunities to Participate in Athletics
- Federal Guidance on Schools' Obligation to Provide Students with Disabilities Opportunity to Participate in Athletics
- Students With Disabilities: More Information and Guidance Could Improve Opportunities in Physical Education and Athletics
- Helping to Ensure Equal Access to Education: Report to the President and Secretary of Education
- Charter Schools Designed for Children with Disabilities: An Initial Examination of Issues and Questions Raised