Creating an Effective Charter School Governing Board (Full Version)
This 2000 toolkit from the Charter Friends National Network outlines the steps required to create an effective governing board, including identifying and recruiting board members, training, governance structures and meetings, legal and financial responsibilities, and explorations of the board’s role in fundraising, parental involvement, and accountability. This is the full version of the toolkit. For the abridged version of this resource, please click HERE.
Note: Many of the links referenced in the text are out of date. All links to the US Charter Schools website (www.uscharterschools.org) redirect to the National Charter School Resource Center website.
- Creating an Effective Charter School Governing Board (Abridged)
- Governance Best Practices for Highly Effective Charter School Boards
- Maximizing Effectiveness: Focusing the Microscope on Charter School Governance Boards
- Standards for Highly Effective Charter School Board Governance
- Creating and Sustaining High-Quality Charter School Governing Boards