The Costs of Online Learning
As part of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute's Creating Sound Policy for Digital Learning series, Tamara Butler Battaglino, Matt Haldeman, and Eleanor Laurans of the Parthenon Group wrote this brief estimating the costs of online education in K-12 public schools. Through a series of 50+ interviews and analysis of financial statements, the authors provide estimated expenditures of virtual schools and blended learning programs (schools that offer a portion of their instruction online). Several charter schools were profiled as part of the research for this brief.
- An (Updated) Primer on Virtual Charter Schools: Mapping the Electronic Frontier
- Teachers in the Age of Digital Instruction
- Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning
- Keeping Pace With K-12 Online Learning: An Annual Review of Policy and Practice
- Tech-Based Learning: The New Frontier for Charters?