Charter Schools and ELLs: An Authorizer and School Leader Guide to Educating ELLs
This 2011 Issue Brief from the National Association of Charter School Authorizers provides authorizers and school leaders with background and descriptions of the laws regarding education of English Language Learners (ELLs). The brief also summarizes demographic trends, notes studies of the performance of charter schools with ELL students, and describes the features of schools that are effective with these students.
- National Charter School Resource Center Launches Webinar Series to Aid ELL Education
- Resources for Charter School Educators: Students With Interrupted Formal Education
- Connecting Research About English Language Learners to Practice: An Introductory Guide for Educators
- Are ELL Students Underrepresented in Charter Schools? Demographic Trends in New York City, 2006-2008
- Key Principles for ELL Instruction