Charter School Performance in Indiana
This December 2012 report from the Center for Research on Education Outcomes focuses on the performance of Indiana charter schools and provides comparisons with district schools. The report examines data from 2005-2006 through 2010-2011, and includes comparisons based on demographics and poverty, as well as performance based on location in rural, suburban, and urban schools; impact on special education students; and performance of schools by authorizer.
According to the report, “18 percent of the charter schools have significantly higher learning gains than their (traditional public school) counterparts in reading, while 8 percent of charter schools have significantly lower learning gains. In math, 23 percent of the charter schools studied outperform their (traditional public school) peers and 42 percent perform worse.”
- National Charter School Study 2013
- Student Achievement in Florida's Charter Schools: A Comparison of the Performance of Charter School Students with Traditional Public School Students
- Charter School Performance in Louisiana
- Charter School Performance in Illinois
- Charter School Performance in Massachusetts