Back to School Tallies: Estimated Number of Public Charter Schools, 2011-2012
This November 2011 report from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools (NAPCS) estimates that across the country more than 500 new charter schools opened for the fall of 2011 and that about 150 were closed over the past year, with California leading in both categories. Overall, NAPCS estimates there are now about 5,600 charter schools, representing growth of about 7 percent over the past year. The report includes a chart showing the activity in each of the states where charter schools were operating in 2011.
- Back to School Tallies: Estimated Number of Public Charter Schools and Students, 2012-2013
- Wisconsin Charter Schools Yearbook, 2011-2012
- NAPCS Estimates 500 New Charters Opened for 2011-2012, 150 Closed
- Profiles of For-Profit and Nonprofit Education Management Organizations: Fourteenth Edition – 2011-2012
- NAPCS Estimates 531 New Charter Schools Opened for 2012-13