Article About Opening Day for New Charter School in a Former Naval Station Great Lakes Training Facility
This September 4, 2012, article from the Lake County News-Sun focuses on the opening day for a new charter school located in a former Naval Station Great Lakes training facility. The planned 500-student, K-8 school serving North Chicago Community Unit School District 187 is operated by the LEARN Charter School Network and has an initial enrollment of 250 students, about 40 percent from military families, according to the article.
- Article About North Chicago School District 187 Request for Charter School Proposals, Potential Use of Naval Station Great Lakes Facility
- Three Companies Apply to Run Charter School on Naval Station Great Lakes
- Cooperative Endeavor Agreement, Belle Chasse Academy Inc. and Naval Air Station/Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans
- Maryland State Board of Education, Andrews Public Charter School, Open Enrollment Waiver Opinion
- Charter School on Joint Base Andrews Expects to Open in August