The Approval Barrier to Suburban Charter Schools
This 2002 report from the Thomas B. Fordham Institute focuses on conditions in four states that have influenced the development of charter schools in suburban communities. The context for charter schools in suburban Colorado, New Jersey, and Connecticut is described and then compared to conditions in Illinois. The report by Pushpam Jain of the University of Maine covers the role of laws, parents, state agency support, and the impact of issues such as desegregation.
- Searching for Excellence: A Five-City, Cross-State Comparison of Charter School Quality
- Illinois State Board of Education Superintendent's Order Approving Charter School Proposed for Navy Base Site
- Top CMOs Get $50 Million for Major Expansions
- Making Charter School Facilities More Affordable: State-Driven Policy Approaches
- New Jersey State Auditor Report on the Department of Education, Office of Charter Schools